How to View Your BMV Record
If you have an Indiana driver’s license, you can obtain a free copy of your driver record. The following is a step-by-step guide:
2. If you have previously created a user name and password, enter them here.
3. If you do not have a user name and password, click on “Create a myBMV Account.” To get started, you will need your driver’s license number, your social security number, and your zip code as it appears on your license.
4. Once you have successfully logged in, click on “View your driver record.”
5. This BMV driver record is what your attorney will use to determine your eligibility for driving privileges. There are several ways you can get this driver record to your attorney:
- Print the record and drop it off in the mail (very slow)
- Print the record and physically take it to your attorney’s office (slow and inconvenient)
- Print the record and fax it to your attorney (faster, but still kind of slow)
- Print the record, scan it, and send it to your attorney as an email attachment (fast)
- Save the record as a PDF and email it to your attorney (very fast)
- This, however, is the absolute best way:
- If you have your driver record pulled up on your computer, you can press “Ctrl” + “P” and then “Save as a PDF.”
- If you are working from a smart phone, simply take a screenshot (a picture of what appears on the screen) of the entire record — it can be a series of screenshots, if necessary — and email it to your attorney.
If none of these options sound appealing, you can always call 317-632-3642 to speak to an attorney and discuss alternative methods for transmitting the details of your driving history. Or you can email us.