If you’ve done something wrong in Hamilton County and the police are looking for you, it’s important to know that there is a special way to turn yourself in. Sometimes, the warrant for your arrest can be recalled. But, it’s very rare and not easy. Usually, the judge will want you to turn yourself in so they can decide if you can go home or not before your court date. 

If you turn yourself in before 8:00 p.m., you will probably have a hearing the next day. A lawyer can help make sure you have the hearing earlier in the day so you don’t have to stay in jail as long. 

It’s never a good idea to run from the police. The best thing to do is to turn yourself in. If you have any questions about warrants or criminal charges in Hamilton County, give us a call at 317-632-3642 and remember—always plead the 5th!